Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Icivics notes

1. The first question was on pets. The questions was "what will you do to help abused, neglected, and homeless animals?" I chose the candidate who said that they would start a program to train the dogs to help with blind. I chose her because, this gives a situation where more people can benefits instead of money going else where. New shelters aren't needed, it is finding them homes that is the problems.
2. Question: What will you do to lessen air pollution in our community. I chose the candidate who answered with creating stricter limits for factories. I chose this because the other candidate said they would give a tax break to those who ride public transportation or car pool. How would you monitor this, and not everyone has the resources to do so?
3. How do you plan to reduce crime in our neighborhood? I chose harsher sentencing. The other option was putting up more street lights and more cops on patrol. Money is a huge issue, and we need to find a cost effective way to help the crime rates. Also, street lights won't help that many crimes.
4. How do you plan to help people find and keep their jobs? I chose training classes at our community centers because, it seemed most effective. The other option was holding job fairs, well many businesses aren't going to waste their time with a job fair, this isn't college. If people really wanted the job, they would look on their own.
5. What is the best way to prevent littering? I chose the candidate that said have public education on the importance of decreasing litter. The other option was increase fines of litter. Although I agree with it, it is hard to catch the ones that litter. So, if they knew that it actually caused damage rather than just making the community look dirty then, less people would litter.
Overall I chose the candidate that I agreed with on stronger issues. Neither candidate was perfect, but that wasn't the point. The point was too pick the best of the two. It said I didn't match the candidate, but on the bigger issues I did like getting jobs and reducing crime.

No comments:

Post a Comment